Multidirectional Shooters which are also known as arena shooters, allow freedom of movement and orientation in a two-dimensional environment. This may take place within a single-screen level such as Robotron: 2084, or allow players to navigate a larger playing field as the screen scrolls Fraxy.
Games (order by date game was released)Edit
- Spacewar! Released in 1962 for PDP-1
- Berzerk Released in 1980 for Arcade, 1982 for Atari 2600 and Vectrex, 1983 for Atari 5200
- Bosconian Released in 1981 for Arcade and 2009 for Retro Arcade Featuring Pac-Man Plug It In and Play unit
- Space Fury Released in 1981 for Arcade
- Mine Storm Released in 1982 for Vectrex
- Space Duel Released in 1982 for Arcade
- Bedlam Released in 1983 for Vectrex
- Patriots Released in 1996 for Vectrex
- Patriots Remix, Repulse, Rockaroids Remix: Third Rock and Star Fire Spirits Released in 1999 for Vectrex (on Vecmania cartridge)
- Space Frenzy Released in 2006 for Vectrex
- 3D Sector-X Released in 2010 for Vectrex
- Sectis Released in 2010 for Vectrex
All items (22)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.