The Parodius Series is a series of horizontally-scrolling shooters developed by Konami. The games are tongue-in-cheek parodies of Gradius Series, hence the name (Parodius is a portmanteau on Parody and Gradius). It also parodies many other Konami franchises, including Antarctic Adventure, Taisen Puzzle Dama, Castlevania, Thunder Cross, Ganbare Goemon, Xexex, Lethal Enforcers, Tokimeki Memorial and Twinbee.
There are six games in the Parodius series (arranged by title, year of its debut and original platform). In addition, three Pachislot games based on the characters were released between 1998 and 2010.
- Parodius - MSX (1988)
- Parodius Da! －Shinwa kara Owarai e－ Arcade (1990)
- Parodius Da! Deluxe Edition - Mobile Phone (2004, from Konami NET DX)
- Gokujō Parodius! ～Kako no Eikō o Motomete～ - Arcade (1994)
- Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius - Super Famicom (1995)
- Sexy Parodius - Arcade (1996/97)
- Paro Wars - Sony Playstation (1997)
- Little Pirates - 1998 (Pachislot)
- CR Parodius Da! - 2000 (Pachinko)
- CR Saikoro Tin Douty - 2004 (Pachinko, Four Parodius Characters was made cameo)
- CR Gokujō Parodius! - 2006 (Pachinko)
- Gokuraku Parodius - 2010 (Pachislot)
- Gokurako Parodius A - 2010 (Pachislot)
Numerous ports of the games have been created.
Parodius －Tako wa Chikyū o Sukū－ included in the MSX Antiques Collection for the Sega Saturn and the Sony PlayStation, also made available on Virtual Console (WII and Wii U) and Project EGG (Windows Store).
Parodius Da! －Shinwa kara Owarai e－ was ported to the Game Boy, Famicom (NES), Super Famicom (SNES) and the PC Engine
Gokujō Parodius! was ported to the Super Famicom, PlayStation and Saturn. The PlayStation and Saturn versions were a combined release of Parodius Da! －Shinwa kara Owarai e－ and Gokujō Parodius! called Gokujō Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack, released on both the PlayStation and Sega Saturn.
A compilation of all Parodius games have been released for the Sony PSP as a UMD release on January 2007 in Japan. A digital version for the PSP Go (a version of the PSP that lacks the UMD drive) was also made available for the PlayStation Network.
The first three games of the series were released in Japan for Cell Phones.
Only a few of the games were released outside Japan: Parodius Da! －Shinwa kara Owarai e－ and Gokujō Parodius! were released in Europe (as Parodius and Fantastic Journey respectively), but none of the games were released in the United States.
All items (12)